As Hermanas of Hermandad de Sigma Iota Alpha Inc., our mission is to uphold the goals set forth by our thirteen founding mothers. We pledge to formalize, cultivate, and foster bonds amongst each other as sisters and abide by respect, trust, communication, professionalism, and accountability.
Our goals are:
- To constantly strive towards the expansion of awareness of the Latino and diverse cultures.
- To promote sisterhood and leadership among our members.
- To serve as models of excellence in education and achievement among women.
We fulfill our mission and uphold our goals through educational programming, community service, and personal development.
SIA participates in community service on three levels:
- International – Children International
- National – One Heartland
- Local – Sisters In Action
- Chapters are encouraged to participate in diverse programs specific to the needs of their community.
ROSE Mentorship Program: SIA’s national educational initiative administered by the graduate/alumnae chapters.
Follow us to stay up to date
Learn About Our Organization
This has more information about the history and benefits of joining our organization.