Process for admittance into the Affiliate Council
National organization petitions one of the following, Collegiate Panhellenic Council (CPC), Interfraternity Council (IFC) Multicultural Greek Council (MGC), or National Pan-Hellenic Council (NPHC), for permission for the organization to recruit on campus (if there is no national expansion team the interest group for the organization must petition to become a member of the affiliate council before initiating members).
1. If the governing council (CPC, IFC, MGC, or NPHC) approves the petition, the national organization is allowed to recruit and initiate new members within the confines of the governing council’s rules on colonization.
2. Once new members are initiated or permission is granted by the national organization’s headquarters, the petitioning colony is allowed to become members of the Affiliate Council.
3. Chapters, which are members of the Affiliate Council, will be able to remain members for a maximum of two consecutive academic years after initial petition to be members of the affiliate council.
4. Member chapters of the affiliate council at the end of one year will be encouraged to request full membership into a governing council. The Affiliate Council will be charged with the task of supporting or denying approval of the member chapter’s petition. The use of a rubric will help the peer advisors on the Affiliate Council board to reach a decision.
5. Each Affiliated chapter will present a completed portfolio of accomplishments, verification of adherence to Memorandum of Understanding for Colonization, and other pertinent information gathered during their tenure in the Affiliate Council when requesting membership into a governing council.
Full-membership is defined as having all privileges awarded to chapters that are members of a CPC, IFC, MGC, or NPHC.
Petition is defined as formally requesting membership to recruit or initiate new members.
Affiliated council membership is defined as the status when a colony or new chapter has been awarded permission by a governing council to recruit and initiate members.